Sunday, July 06, 2014

Jim Parker Photos #1 (From Tim Tegge)


My dear friend, "Diamond Jim" Parker left his magnificent collection of circus items to me after his passing, some years back. Included were, literally, hundreds of photograph albums of shows, show people, etc. I am constantly sorting through these albums, archiving images, etc. Parker always had some type of camera with him wherever he went and snapped off tens of thousands of pictures over the years. It is my pleasure to share the following with you now, and I will continue to do so in the weeks and months ahead, whenever I have a chance to scan and forward more of them.

The first two images were taken in 1972, at the zoo in Albany, GA. The elephant is ALASKA, and the trainer/keeper is W.T. Hill. With him in one of the images is another close friend, also now gone, Mr,. Kent Ghirard, from Honolulu, Hawaii.

1 comments:

Tripp @ UnchartedNation.com said...

Thanks for posting this! I have a blog about Albany and a post about Tift Park Zoo. Some where I got the idea that this elephant's name was just Laska. Thanks for the correction! Can I add this photo to my page and link back to this post? You can reach me back at Tripp@UnchartedNation.com Here is a link to my blog post. http://www.unchartednation.com/?p=300 I look forward to hearing from you.